Here are some of the stories BNW has brewed up so far.
Behind the Scenes is a game concept Pedro Giglio has developed, from pitch to game design document to script, during his time at the Vancouver Film School. This has earned him the honour of the Golden Controller Award for his class year. Zuckered and A Scaly Situation, shown below, are connected to this concept.
One Night in Kawami
(Visual Novel, made on Ren’Py, 15 minutes, Modern Fantasy / Mystery)
Tanya, a friendly and mysterious stranger, guides you on a night out in Kawami. It’s your first time in the City of Rivers. Make it count.
(Text adventure made on Twine, 15 minutes, Comedy/Adventure)
Private investigator Merle Zuckerman is a man on a mission: capturing the second-in-command of a speakeasy in Saint Eris, a gritty ol’ town gripped by crime. Or something.
A Scaly Situation
(Unreal Engine-powered motion capture short, 3 minutes, Comedy/Action)
Merle Zuckerman, a hardened detective from a film noir world, joins forces with Maiko, a psychic schoolgirl from a futuristic, sci-fi metropolis in pursuit of the elusive Subject Zero – always one step beyond of them.
(Web Pilot, 7:41 minutes, Comedy/Drama)
Morgan and Alex, two married best friends who cover for each other’s sexual orientation, struggle to keep their parents from discovering their secret.
- Someone Special (Romance, 5 pg) [new]: As Alexia’s Christmas trip is affected by an unforeseen setback, a tall, dark stranger bears the gift of caffeine.
- The Other Hand (Spy, 5 pg) [new]: On a secret mission, a foreign agent infiltrates a parade in honour of a banana republic’s dictator.
- The Phoenix’s Eyes (Fantasy, 5 pg): A grieving warrior gets an offer to let go of a painful past and help others in cleansing their own regrets.
- The Abyss Gazes Also (Horror/Action, 8 pg): Part of an anthology about “a coastal town that should have been erased from the map.”
- Radica’s Monitoring Duty (Sci-Fi, 5 pg): Enter a world of insurmountable odds, unknowable phenomena, and the need for human connection.
TWINE DEMOS (INTERACTIVE FICTION)
- Out of Phase Synchronicity (15 min.): A reclusive programmer and his online friend meet for the first time in the big city for a night of surprises and world-shattering events.
5E ROLE-PLAYING GAME MODULE
- A Date With the Mermaid: A comedic five-room dungeon featuring tourist traps, airships, gnomish engineers, drinking challenges, and more.
- The End Is… Nah (YouTube, 5 min.): After many years of preparation, the Cult of Omega’s followers get on stage for their very final meeting. What could possibly go wrong?
- Boss Rush! (6 pg.): Joanna is about to meet three romantic suitors on TV with a twist: which of them secretly is a Japanese RPG villain?
There’s more where these came from, you know
And there’s only one way of finding out about it.
(Well, not really, but this one should work just fine.)